Empowering the Next Generation Training Conference
One of our greatest joys of being in children’s ministry is seeing children’s lives changed by the Gospel of Christ. It’s amazing to watch them transform before your eyes. The pleasure I have found as a children’s pastor is helping them develop their daily personal walk with Christ and equipping them to become active members of the church using their spiritual gifts in ministry. We have witnessed firsthand children who learned how to share their faith and lead friends, family members, and sometimes even their parents to Christ.
This year at our ETNG training events, we are committed to helping you make a lasting impact on the children and students in your church. In every child, there is a desire to find identity and purpose in the church and the world. We believe that every child has come into the world for a reason and that God has a plan for their life, specifically for today.
“Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” (Esther 4:14)
For more than 15 years, L.I.T. Ministries has developed an effective way to train leaders to disciple, train, and empower children for ministry. We focus on two of the primary callings of the church: (1) to make disciples (Matt. 28:19-20) and (2) to equip the saints for building up the body of Christ (Eph. 4:11-13).
Through our ETNG training events, church leaders will learn how to train and equip leaders with a vision to disciple and empower the next generation.
Here are seven key areas that will be covered at the events:
Biblical basis for children’s ministry. As we developed this training model, it was our goal to look at what God’s Word said about believers in the church (including children) and develop a model for discipling and equipping them for ministry.
Partnering with parents. Our team will show you effective ways to get families involved in the discipleship of their children. You will be giving them tools that will help their children develop their personal walk with Christ in partnership with a mentor from your church.
Disciple (small) Group Leaders:
- We will show you unique ways to train your leaders to move from knowledge-based teaching to modeling and mentoring, just like Paul did with Timothy.
- Our team will explain how to equip your leaders to disciple children and help them develop their personal walk with Christ. This is accomplished by helping children learn the spiritual disciplines of personal Bible study, Scripture memorization, prayer, Lordship of Christ, evangelism, gifts and ministry (servanthood), and living an obedient life to Christ.
- Our team will show you creative ways to train children for ministry in your church using praise team, puppets, drama, technical training, dowel ministry, and much more.
- You will learn creative ways to involve children in many areas of your church.
Spring Training Dates:
- February 19-21, Cedar Hill, Texas (Location: Hillcrest Baptist Church)
- Additional dates to be posted shortly...
- Monday 1:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- *Wednesday 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
*Church leaders are invited to stay and visit churches in Missouri and Texas that have implemented the Leaders In Training process within their churches.
Register Today! (Special Group Rate Discounts Available)