L.I.T. Mission Trips
Join us Next Summer 2024!
2024 Mission Trip Dates & Locations
- March 11-15, Weatherford, Texas (Tentative)
- June 9-14, Faquay Varina, North Carolina
- June 9-14 (Location to be announced)
- June 23-28, Haltom City, Texas
- July 21-26, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Registration begins December 15, 2023.
God has a calling on all believers in Christ.
The Great Commission is the calling for all of us, including children.
Kids are the most effective agents to reach other kids.
We have personally witnessed God raise up young missionaries who are empowered by the Holy Spirit to share the Good News of Christ.
L.I.T. is proud to announce our 2024 Mission Trips.
It has become a tradition for multiple churches that have caught the vision that kids are the church today and that God can use them in powerful ways to proclaim His Gospel Message.
“On my first preteen (5th-6th grades) mission trip in 2004, I personally witnessed the Lord move in ways that opened my eyes to see that kids do not have a junior Holy Spirit—they have the same power in them that adults do.” Dr. Clint May
From our first mission trip to today, we are committed to training leaders who train kids to be missionaries of the Gospel.
It is a joy when leaders train kids and release them to minister. It opens their eyes to God’s greater plan for their lives.
On the L.I.T. I-GO mission trips, kids do not just sit back and observe adults ministering. The adults step back and watch the kids minister and be used by God in powerful ways.
L.I.T. is committed to providing the resources you need to train your preteens (4th-6th grades). When they arrive on the mission trip, they have been trained and equipped to minister:
- On Sunday evening, they are commissioned to go out (click here for tentative schedule)
- On Monday-Thursday, they are out in the community ministering (apartments, mobile home parks, parks, and homes).
- They lead KPC (Kid Power Camps) in the communities.
- Bible Study
- Share the Gospel with lost children
- As they minister, many will discover their spiritual gifts.
After our departure, our host churches are committed to following up with the children we reach as well as do what they can to assimilate them into their church.
- $270/person if you register your group on or before January 15.
- $280/person if you register your group on or before February 15.
- $280/person if you register your group on or before March 1.
Our L.I.T. Mission Trip vision is to partner with churches to go wherever the Church is not and plant the Gospel.
We desire to see people far from God come to know Him.
We aim to get outside the walls to rescue people from being eternally separated from Jesus. The L.I.T. mission trip provides a platform for preteens to be missionaries for Christ in communities throughout the United States.
- “I have known that the Lord can use children on mission trips and share the Gospel, but to see it in action has been amazing.”
- “Shy kids open up, gifts of teaching manifesting, compassion and empathy, hearing the Holy Spirit.” (Ashlee Garcia)
- “I was amazed at their leadership and ability to tell them about Jesus and counsel with them and the kids brave and eager to share.” (Diane Ward)
- “Eye-opening that our kids step up when we allow ourselves to step down, and that peer-to-peer perspective is a shared youth language.” (Chris Goodwin)
- “Our kids saw and experienced very different lives than they have. We can talk about it, but to see and experience what poverty, homelessness, and neglect look like was very humbling.” Who can attend the L.I.T. Preteen Mission Trip?
The mission trip is for those who have completed third grade through sixth grade. As well as students who will be trained to lead out.
Why should my church attend a L.I.T. Preteen Mission Trip?
If you are like many church leaders, having to plan one more event can be overwhelming. The significant part about the mission trip is that we provide all the resources you will need to train your preteens and leaders for the mission trip. We also do all the footwork to locate partnering churches to house church groups during the trip, and then we partner with the churches to follow up with children after the trip's conclusion.
What Do My Mission Trip Fees Cover?
Your mission trip fees cover everything once you arrive at your destination. It includes housing and meals (including breakfast, lunch, and dinner). It also includes lunches for the children who attend the daily Bible studies at the sites where your preteens will lead. The fees cover the cost of all materials, T-shirts, supplies, Bibles, and new Christian follow-up resources. You will also meet other believers from multiple churches and work together on a mission.
Dr. Clint May has observed an incredible move of God during 31 preteen mission trips in the past 20 years. His book documents how the Holy Spirit works in powerful ways when they join the Lord on His Great Commission.